How To Improve Your Scores in JEE Main 2019 April Exam- Tips, Books & Downloadable PDFs
Phase 1 of JEE Main session is over now with the NTA conducting the exam on January 9, 10, 11 and 12 and declaring the results on January 19, 2019. By now, all aspirants are aware of their respective percentile and can arrive at an estimation of where they stand in terms of All India Rank (AIR). Unlike the previous years, students are fortunate enough to have two chances to attempt JEE Main 2019. There are about 60 days left for your JEE Main April exam, so time is limited and crucial so it's important that you make the best use of this opportunity.
Important Dates for JEE Main 2019, April Exam
EventsDates Availability of Online Application 8th February 2019 Last date for submission of online application form 7th March 2019 JEE Main Mock Test Starting from 1st September 2018 JEE Main Admit Card 18th March 2019 JEE Main 2019 Exam (Computer Based Test) 6th - 20th April 2019 Answer Key and OMR sheets display Post-April 21st, 2019 Answer Key challenge acceptance Last week of April 2019 JEE Main result 30th April 2019 All India Rank declaration May 2019
The best part about splitting the examinations into two sessions is that now with his/her individual experience in Jan 2019 examination, the candidate can analyze where they were able to score well and where they could not. Use this to your advantage and prepare wisely for the JEE Main 2019, April exam.
Now lets down to discussing strategies to help you boost your performance for the coming JEE Main 2019, April exam.
Tips to improve your scores in JEE Main 2019, April exam
- First off, count back the number of days you have left for the exam. Now prepare a timetable for all chapters of each subject. The time table should be prepared in such a way that all of the units and topics mentioned in the syllabus are covered.
- There are obviously difficult topics that you will encounter but make it a point to not ignore them. The best strategy to adopt here is to try and arrange the topics according to their difficulty level and study accordingly.
- Learn everything there is know about the JEE Main exam pattern. Familiarizing with the exam pattern can definitely work in your favor since you will then acquaint yourself with the types of questions asked, mode of examination, duration and more.
- You would have heard this advice a hundred times but it is a valuable one. Attempt Mock tests and solve sample papers. While attempting to solve them, try and observe how the same concepts are asked in different ways to confuse you.
- NCERT NCERT all the way. Experts have observed that most of the questions in the JEE Main Jan exam came directly from the NCERT textbooks. So do not ignore NCERT textbooks.
Tips to Improve your scores in JEE Main 2019, April exam: Physics Edition
Students who attempted the JEE Main 2019, Jan exam have openly pointed out how the Physics section was a little tough this time than the two other sections. The Physics section was a bit tricky and needed the most attention, the difficulty level was a little more than expected also demanding the students to have in-depth knowledge of the subject. So the tips here would to :
- Always refer to conceptual books like Concepts of Physics by HC Verma.
- Focus entirely on NCERTs and previous years’ papers.
Best Physics books to refer for JEE Main 2019, April exam
Book Name Author Concepts of Physics HC Verma Problems in General Physics I.E. Irodov University Physics Freedman and Young Fundamentals of Physics Halliday, Resnick, and Walker Understanding of JEE Physics series DC Pandey Problems in Physics SS Krotov
Tips to improve your score in JEE Main 2019, April Exam: Chemistry Edition
While preparing for Chemistry, the idea should be studying according to the width and not the depth in general. The ideal approach is to give more emphasis on a numerical solving approach. This will help you immensely for your JEE Main, April exam preparations. Again, NCERT is your savior and so we have managed to list down some important topics in NCERT for Chemistry.
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Environmental Chemistry
- Oxidizing and Reducing Agents of Organic Chemistry
- Salt Analysis
- Coordination Compounds
Best Chemistry books to refer for JEE Main 2019, April exam
Book Name Author Organic Chemistry Solomans & Fryhle Concise Inorganic J.D. Lee Modern approach to Chemical sciences R C Mukherjee University Chemistry Freedman and Young Physical Chemistry N Awasthi Arihant practice book for Chemistry JEE & JEE Advanced R. K Gupta
Tips to improve your score in JEE Main 2019, April Exam: Mathematics Edition
Mathematics was considered easier compared to other subjects last year during the JEE exams but definitely a time consuming one. There are about 16 units in JEE Main Syllabus for Maths but not all of them carry the same weightage. Some of the units are more important than others and must be given more importance, time and practice.
Experts have observed that around 20-25% questions in Maths came directly from the previous year's paper. Meaning, for Mathematics it is paramount that you attempt mock tests at-least every week before you appear for the JEE in April. This will help you gauge your performance and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
Best Mathematics books to refer for JEE Main 2019, April exam
Book Name Author Higher Algebra Hall and Knight Coordinate Geometry S.L.Loney Differential and Integral Calculus N. Pishkunov Calculus and Analytic Geometry Thomas and Finney IIT Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced M. L Khanna Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics A Das Gupta Trigonometry S. L. Loney
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus PDF
Looking for ways to improve your scores in JEE Main 2019, April exam?
We've got you covered. Here are some PDF documents from top publishers like Arihant and MTG to boost your performance for the JEE Main 2019, April exam. Check out the list below.
- Gear up for JEE Main 2019 (Physics)
- Syllabus for JEE Main
- Paper 2017: JEE Main
- Solved Papers 2017: JEE Advanced (Paper 1)
- Solved Papers 2017: JEE Advanced (Paper 2)
- Trend Analysis of JEE Advanced 2014 - 2017
Use HashLearn and boost your performance for JEE Main 2019, April exam. Sign up now!
HashLearn students have done remarkably well in the JEE Main 2019, Jan exam. Here is what Hemendra Sharma, an active HashLearn user who secured an NTA score of 98.07 had to say.
Read what other users had to say about HashLearn and how the platform helped them in their preparation for JEE Main 2019, Jan exam. 👇